Sunday, February 24, 2008

Think Spring

The week end is over and time to start a new week of work - oh I do wish my ship would come in so I did not have to go to work 5 days of the week. I could just stay home and play with paper. What a pleasant dream. I did get a few cards made this week end and the sun did shine so I got some pictures taken. Weather wise - we are in for another rough week of snow. Did you know snow is a 4 letter word.

But - I tried to chase away the winter blues by making an Easter card - do you realize it is a month away - the Easter Bunny will have to get a snowmobile in Wisconsin and hide the eggs in the snow.

This was my interpretation of the sketch on Fresh and Fun. Of course - it is a loose, very loose, interpretation. The little chick is so cute.

Supplies:

Patterned Paper - Basic Grey: Two Scoops
Stamp: See D's Bunnies and Chicks - at great buy for $10 - plus I had a coupon
Ink: Versamark; ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpad by Clearsnap, Inc.
Embossing Powder: Seafoam White by Ranger
Trim: Dollar Bin at JoAnn's - why didn't I buy more
Brads: Target dollar bin - why didn't I buy more of those
Stickles - Ranger

Embossed little chick. Inked edge of all patterned paper. Added Stickles to inside of little chick so it would sparkled (couldn't find the colored glitter). Glued the trim on - just added some little dots of Aileene's Tacky glue to the back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch!
Hugs and smiles