Sunday, May 4, 2008

Amy's Birthday Card


Sorry for not being very creative lately. Busy and sometimes life just gets in the way of doing something fun like creating. Maybe I was just too pooped by all that fun shopping I did last week end.
The good news is my Mom is out of the nursing home so we will all rest easier knowing she is feeling better and back at home among her own things. Of course, I do need to get busy and make some mother day cards since that is fast approaching. I know I have two made - I know where one is - where oh where is the other one.
My neighbor Amy (now an adopted daughter) turned the big 40 this week end - unfortunately I was unable to make the party. The outside of her card is done - I just need to finish the inside. The beautiful paper and die cut is by My Mind's Eye - the flourish behind it is a die cut by Sizzix. I rubbed stickles on the Happy Birthday to make it sparkle. The brads are by American Crafts. I distressed and inked the edges of all the paper. The card base was Bazzill.
Funny story about the flourish die cut - I already had the die cut. Ivanka - before she came to the US - did some shopping and had it sent to me - to save shipping costs - she had an order from JoAnn's.com and Sizzix - well when she opened her boxes - she had a flourish die cut in each box. Annie took the other flourish - if you check out Ivanka's blog (link on the side) you can see her card using the flourish - very pretty. I do wonder what Annie has used it for.
I must go and make an "oldie moldie paper" card for tomorrow and maybe do a sketch challenge at the same time. Maybe I can combine some old paper and something new I bought last week.
Everyone enjoy the remainder of your afternoon.

1 comment:

Ivanka said...

I love it Barb! I love the way you used the flourish. I'll have to borrow your idea sometime. Hope Amy had a wonderful birthday!