Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Day Off From Work

A 4 day week end - wow - but I will spend two days on the road visiting my Mom but I do love those days when I am home - do all the things you want to do - or don't want to do but have time to do. I need to go run errands. Need to get to the post office and mail a couple things and get stamps, Walmart run for those basics, and of course, must stop at the scrapbook store and get some "paper therapy". May even make the trip across town to the stamp store.

Everyone enjoy your day today - whether you are working or playing.

This card is two challenges (I am doing challenges this week and just having fun creating cards).
The first challenge was to use Basic Grey paper - and when you have an tired 12 x 4 container of Basic Grey paper - I imagine I could make cards for at lea st a year or two - that challenge can be found at this site - Our Creative Corner - just found this site yesterday. It will be exciting to check their challenges each week.

The other challenge was a sketch - first time I have participated in one of their sketches -
Sketch This. It is a sketch that you can use on a scrapbook page or a card.

I hope you enjoy my take on both of these challenges. I love to do non traditional "holiday or snow" cards - the non traditional being the papers used. The little snowman is a little hard to see in the picture - but it is a very soft/peaceful thank you card for the winter months.

Stamp - Stampendous!
Background stamp - hard to see snowflakes on pink card base - Great Impressions
Ink and Embossing Powder - VersaMark and Embossing tinsel (Snowflake) by Ranger
ColorBox Chalk Ink by Clearsnap - background stamp on card base and inked edges of paper
Paper - Basic Grey Two Scoops
Stickers - Making Memories - rub a little ink on them to make them match the color tones of the card
Rub Ons - Me and my Big Ideas - love these snowflake rub ons
3 D Stickers - Sandylion

2 comments:

Renee Lamb said...

ooh, thank you for playing along with the sketch! I love what you did with it! Your card is just so cute! have a great time off and a happy 4th!

Katie said...

What a cute card! Happy Fourth!!