Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy and Bright

A quick post today to share my Happy and Bright wedding card. Her flowers are gerber daisies in the colors so I wanted to make a vibrant wedding card. I feel like it needs something else but have been pondering it but nothing has come to me so I guess this is the card.

I knew the paper I wanted to use - then I saw these heart doilies on my table - it was white - dug out some ink pads and made it blue to match the blue in the paper and away we went. The design is the sketch from Kazan over on the Caardvarks card challenge site. Kazan and Laura from 2 Sketches 4 You did the sketches for the recent challenge at Caardvarks.

Paper: We R Memory Keepers - part of the White Out Collection
Flowers - Heidi Swapp
Love - QuicKutz
Fiskar's Threading Water punch
Large Brads - Imaginisce covered the brad head with paper, adhered it with Mod Podge, added some gesso around the edges.
Fussy cut the paisley

Everyone enjoy your Saturday - I am going to a wedding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe a monogram or the couples initials in the heart ... I really love it just like it is ... so bright and fun.

lauren bergold said...

this is INDEED a "happy and bright" card! not to mention FABULOUS...and spectacular...and soooooooooooo darned FUN!!!!!!! :)