Tuesday, September 9, 2008

September 9


September 9 - now isn't that a title for a post that you just can't wait to read. NOT - but titles are so hard to come by.
I do love September - I love how the weather cools down at night but we can still have beautiful days - today was a beautiful day - of course - I was working - at work it was one of those days where I got no where real fast.
I did get a couple cards made last night - will post one tonight and save the other one that is done for tomorrow night - so you all come back now.
The card tonight is based on the sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You. They also have a bonus sketch - we will see if I can get to that one later in the week. I love to go over and just visit everyone's blog to see their creation - and then you are blog hopping and you don't get anything created except for drooling over all the beautiful cards out on the world wide web.
Flower: big box store - buy a bush and tear it apart for multiple layering
Paper: Orange is by Amuse (8.5 x 11 sheet) - it is the card base, Sassafras (double sided) - border is bottom of this sheet
Rub On - words - Kaiser Scrapbooking, little flowers DeJaVue
Bib brad - Imaginisce
Adhered paper to big brad with Mod Podge and then added a layer of Sparkle Mod Podge over the top - I did brush the Sparkle Mod Podge on the flower petals to give them some sparkle
Added Stickles to the center of the little flowers and the bottom white dots on the scallop
This is for a young lady at work - who is limited term employee - who has interviewed for the job - and hopefully we can give this to her as a celebration - hopefully not a good bye.
This paper - says a "bee" card to me - I am coloring my bees right now - so stay tuned - for that card.
Everyone have a wonderful evening and a good day tomorrow.

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

So BEAUTIFUL -- love the color and the flower is gorgeous! :)

Laura Davis said...

This is sooo beautiful! I love the colors:)
Laura

Joke said...

Lovely card. Great title and that flower is gorgeous.

Suzanne said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the colours.
Titles are hard to come up with sometimes.

Allison said...

love the colours great card
AllisonX

Kath Stewart said...

love the autumn colours on this card - great take on the sketch

Unknown said...

Oooh, so bright and fun and I love that big flower.

Lyn S said...

Oooh! I love that big flower!

Eva said...

Very pretty card, love the flower!