Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Snow Shoveling Fairies


It has once again snowed in my little corner of the world. We got 3.5 inches. Left work early so I could drive home in the daylight. Thankfully the winds were not blowing to drift the roads. And when I got home - the young man from across the street (knows my snowblower is at the snowblower hospital) had my driveway and sidewalk all shoveled for me. That was very sweet of him - I may take him some cash - he does not have a job. I struggle with that - I know it was very kind of him but I know he needs some money. What should I do?
Last night I got a card made with someone specific in mind - I may even get it in the mail in the next couple days. The card design is based on the weekly sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You. I did not want to make a square card and pay extra postage so I made the card 4.5 x 6. I have this vast supply of patterned paper so have been trying to use patterned paper (if heavy enough) for the base on my cards. Here are the details.
Paper - Basic Grey - some of it is from the Dasher collection - I believe -some were just pieces
Stamp - Hampton Art - colored with Prismacolor and Gamsol
Ink - Memories Dye - antinque brown
Buttons - American Crafts
Die cut - Sizzix (button sizzlit)
Punch - McGill
Fiber - May Arts
Rickrack - I think Wrights

6 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Awwww what a sweet neighbor I would bake him some homemade cookies w/ a homemade card!!
Your card is darling I love it:)
Laura

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card for the sketch and what a kind neighbour you have...
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Darling card you've made!

Unknown said...

Such an adorable card! I love the giant ric-rac!

Lea L. said...

Utter cuteness! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Chelsea Van Tol said...

aww this is so cute