Sunday, October 4, 2009

October is Here


I don't know how it got to be October - pretty soon it will be snowing. With the summer we have had - cool - we will probably have snow in the beginning of November. I am not ready for snow - my back is not ready to shovel snow. So I make a card with snowmen on it and snowflakes - what was I thinking.
I found a new challenge site . Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge. They post on Thursday so it gives you a jump start on your week end creativity. I had colored this image already and the paper was laying out from a previous project so it was pretty easy to pull together. I also did a little recyling on this project - the bow is made out of tulle like material that was torn off the edge of gathered lace. I think it makes a pretty bow - somewhat delicate. Repeated the design of the border on the center of the bow.
Everyone have a wonder week.
Paper - I know it was listed on a previous post.
Stamp - I believe it is Close to My Heart that I have had for years
Bling - Darice
Rub On - Making Memories
Snowflake - Martha Stewart punch

1 comment:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Barb! What a fabulous design and I LOVE the wonderful detail you added! You rocked the sketch - WOW!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles and the nice post about us!

Hugs, Jennifer :)