Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday, 4-20-10



Good Tuesday morning. Another beautiful spring day in Wisconsin - I let my body rest yesterday so tonight when I get home from work - I need to work on another flower bed and work it up. It is so dry that the soil does turn over fairly well. It was funny at work yesterday because we had all been working outside and we were all groaning as we hobbled along.
My two cards today were made for the midweek challenge on the Operations Write Home card blog - the challenge was to make two versions of the same card - one masculine and one feminine. The difference in my cards was the paper used and the colors. I also di the twine accents in the buttons different on each card. I like how they turned out. I think next week I will be able to put my first box of cards in the mail to them. I have friends at work writing Hero letters for me.
Everyone have a wonderful day - come back tomorrow and see how you can take a bag from one of your favorite LSS and use it on a card. It will soon be Earth Day so we must open our eyes to how we can reuse, reduce and recycle in our cardmaking.
Card One
Patterned Paper: EK Success
Stamp: Hampton Art; sentiment - Hero Arts
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan)
Buttons from sewing box
DMC floss
Card Two
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stamp: Hampton Art; sentiment - Hero Arts
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan)
May Arts Twine
Buttons from sewing box

No comments: