Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday - it is never a day of rest - it is the day to get ready for the work week. I did get groceries early today. Have already made a pan of roasted carrots for the week. Yummy. Roasted the beets I got in my CSA box. Later on I will do some grilling so I have food for a couple days this week. We have a potluck on Tuesday at work so I am going to take a taco salad - I got the meat ready today also. If I am going to make dirty dishes - I might as well make lots of them.

Yesterday I went to a baby shower. The baby got many beautiful clothes - she will be styling. We also snuck in a little shopping and had a wonderful lunch at Panera. We visited my daughter at her store so that was fun to see her. She was a little surprised to see me in her store.

Today's card is for one of neighborhood children. Lexi is a member of the backwards family - which is not an insult - it just means that their cards always open backwards. The first card I made for the family was done that way so now it is a tradition. They would be very disappointed if I made a card that opened in a traditional way for them. The card is based on the sketch at A Craft Little Place - they always have fun sketches but unfortunately I do not always get a chance to play.

Well I must go - I want to get some more cards made for Operation Write Home - if you want to make cards for a worthwhile cause - here it is - one cards makes so many people happy and if you can bring a smile to a serviceman and the family or friends he or she has left behind - how good of a feeling is that. Take the time to check this worthwhile cause out. They even have a card blog with a Sunday sketch challenge and a midweek throwdown.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday. The sun is shining but it is very windy here.

Card Details:
Size: 4.5 x 6
Card base: Bo Bunny
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
Brads: Basic Grey
Stamp: Stampendous colored with Copics
Ribbon: May Arts
Button from supplies
Sticker: SRM Stickers

5 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute!! Great take on this weeks sketch!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ACLP this week!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Ivanka said...

Such a fun card Barb. Love your monkeys!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Ok, you made with hungry with all your roasted veggies and you made me giggle with the cute monkey card. Oh, you made me want to go play with MME paper too! This is just a super fun card. Thanks so much for sharing at ACLP this week:D

~*Joni said...

Awww, I have a friend who adores Changitos! What a sweet card, everything is so happy and cheerful. Thank you for your wonderful take on the sketch and joining us this week.
~*Joni ACLP DT

Nicole said...

AW, what a cutie of a card! AND an awesome take on our sketch from ACLP! Thanks for sharing!! Be sure to tune in tomorrow and see the new challenge, Barb!! Nicole ~ ACLP DT