Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The last day of August - public schools start tomorrow in Wisconsin - and of course it is hot and muggy out although I believe the weather is going to break - nicer weather coming for the week end. Yeah.

Last night I went out on a pontoon boat on the Rock River - it was very quiet on the river - maybe because it did start raining. Good company and beautiful scenery. We saw a flock of wild turkeys, a mother deer with 2 fawn, another deer, several blue heron's - beautiful evening.

My card today is for Operation Write Home - no greeting on it but the background paper does set the mood. The card is based on the sketch at Card Patterns. My snowman looks a little tilted - must be starting to melt a little and he is listing to one side. (smile) I did some paper piecing on the cupcake. I do like how it turned out. Normally I would add Stickles or glitter to the card but with Operation Write Home - glitter is a no no. If you wonder why - visit the Operation Write Home web site to find out.

Well I must get ready to go to work. Everyone enjoy your day and I hope you find some time for creativity in your life.

Card Details:
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With a View
Stamp: Hero Arts colored with Copics
Brads: Hobby Lobby
Snowflake punch: Martha Stewart

1 comment:

Monika Reeck said...

Cute Images and nice coloring ...lovely DP too...Great card....great take on the CardPatterns Sketch. I just joininig the CardPatterns challenge, my card is number 39, would you mind to see my blog :) many thanks before, hugs, Monika