Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Give a cardmaker scraps -


Good Sunday afternoon. I am having a 4 day week end. Spent Friday and Saturday with my daughters. Great fun. The girls ran a race. Carrie did a half marathon and Staci did the shorter race - both had better times than they normally do so they were feeling good. I was quite proud of them. It was a cold windy day. We then spent the remainder of the day having a nice lunch, shopping and then they cooked a wonderful dinner. It is great to have daughters that can cook - when they are around - I never have to cook. Of course, a little vino and beer was flowing.
Operation Write Home is celebrating their birthday this month so I have set a goal of a card a day - I am already behind but I think by the end of today I may catch up or be close to catching up. Keep it simple.
I found these scraps of paper on my table and I love the colors so decided to make cards out of them. The first card is based on the sketch and Clean and Simple. The background paper is already distressed so adds character to the card. Add a simple thank you stamp and some flowers from the flower drawers. The remainder of the scraps were layered on a card base. The same thank you stamp added the sentiment.
Come back tomorrow and see what I can do for Oldie Moldie Monday. I have some cards already started.
Card Details:
Size: 4 x 5.5
Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers
Stamp: Great Impressions
Flowers: Prima, American Crafts
Brads: Hot Off the Press

1 comment:

Paula S. said...

These cards are terrific! Good luck with your card a day goal and thanks for sharing your creativity with the OWH family. It's inspiring to see such great work from so many talented folks.