Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday, September 21, 2010


Good evening - today I am going to share a card I made for my neighbor - Hunter - I believe he celebrated his 9th birthday. Hunting is a big thing in his family so this totally fits Hunter. Last night he was hunting squirrels in my yard - his weapons of choice were rocks and walnuts.
Caardvarks has a challenge going on for Clean and Simple. For me this is a pretty clean and simple card. I guess it all depends on your definition of clean and simple. I can make a card that has 10/12 layers on it so this is pretty simple for me.
This Basic Grey paper group works well for a masculine card plus they are earthy enough to go well with the deer stamp. I like the one color stamping - easy peasey - no coloring required. I added some simple metal brads in two different sizes for a contrast finish. The addition of an SRM Happy Birthday sticker completes the birthday card.
Everyone have a productive evening - hopefully you get to be creative. Hmmm - I wonder if there is anything new I want to watch on TV tonight.
Card Details:
Size: 5 x 5
Paper: Basic Grey
Stamp: Penny Black
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink
Brads: Imaginisce
Sticker: SRM Stickers

1 comment:

Pam said...

Love the very "manly" card!