Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Good Saturday afternoon or almost evening - I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving - I had lots of good food and spent some time with my family. My niece Molly got to stay overnight with me and my Mom on Wednesday night. We had fun but at 8:15 she said - can we got to bed - so we went to bed. She was up early so it is a good thing I like to get up early also.

No Black Friday shopping for me. I did not want to battle crowds. There is nothing I need that bad. This morning I went out early to a store but it was not crowded - I bought myself a new 7 quart crock pot - I broke the insert in my other big one so before Christmas Day I needed to replace that crock pot. Got some groceries, and had breakfast at Cracker Barrell. I always love looking at their holiday stuff. I bought a few ornaments that I could use on card fronts.

Today's card is for a challenge on Facebook - Operation Write Home - we want to try to post 45 thinking of you cards in two days to celebrate one of the shipper's birthdays. I got mine done. I had just bought this embossing folder and wanted to try it out. I like it - it will make some great cards - it will also make some great card for Operation Write Home cards - beautiful but easy to mail. Luckily I had ink that matched plus this card base was laying on the table yet from a card I finished yesterday. I embossed some of the Coordinations - Whitewash paper.

Well I must go - I am making my chicken broth for Christmas dinner - but this way I will have the chicken meat to use for some potlucks coming up. I have a great hot chicken sandwich recipe I can make for the potlucks.

Everyone enjoy your evening. Uw Whitewater won their football game - making their way toward playing for the Division 3 football championship. The UW Madison Badgers are winning presently - will have a 3 way tie for the Big 10 title - but also may be rose bowl bound. Go Wisconsin - the Packers just need to bring a home tomorrow.

Card Details:
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Stamp: TPC Studio
QuicKutz Embossing Folder
Coordinations Whitewash paper
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket

No comments: