Friday, December 31, 2010

Friday, December 24, 2010



Good Friday morning - Happy last day of 2010. What will the new year have in store for us? Do you make resolutions - I do not make resolutions in my personal life - I do make resolutions (probably there is a better word for what I do) in my crafting.

In 2010 - I decided I wanted to learn how to color better so if you look at my growing number of Copics - maybe I am getting better - or at least I have more colors to choose from - I have even used up certain color of Copics - I have not learned how to refill. Maybe I should learn how - it must be more economical.

So for 2011 - I don't want to make it too hard on myself -
* continue to learn how to color
* when I make a card for my personal use, to finish the inside at that time
* to continue to make cards for Operation Write Home

Do you have any crafting resolutions? Oh I forgot, I don't want to buy anything that is not an essential in the month of January - I can only buy adhesive or cardstock. I may have to go shopping today - I do have a gift certificate.

Oh I forgot to talk about the card I posted today - it is a card for Operation Write Home - the midweek challenge on their cardmaking blog Stars and Stamps is to make a "miss you card that is children oriented." My little animals are very child oriented - it was an image I found in my box of stamped images - I don't know who the manufacturer is. All supplies are old.

Happy new year - be safe - see you in 2011 - unless I get a card made today I need to post.

3 comments:

Ivanka said...

Love the image and the colors are so perfect for a kid card. You really have inspired me with your coloring and your commitment to learn how to do it better. And now you're on a DT for digital images...so your hard work really has paid off!! Wishing you all the best in 2011...hopefully we'll get to go shopping together sometime during the year!
(I remember that paper!!)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Barb! Your card is so cute, I love it! Yes Mam, you need to learn to refill your Copic's, it's really easy & you'll be off coloring again in no time!

Pull the chisel tip out of your marker and use your refill to drop drops of ink into your marker. You might need as many as 50 drops. Put your chisel tip back in your marker and you're ready to color. Clean up with rubbing alcohol, easy as that :)

Ann said...

Such a cute kids card! I adore that paper!!!