Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday, December 27, 2010





Good MOnday morning - I am happy to report I survived the holiday season - and once again I can return to card making - I had to clean up my area so we could eat at the tables I pile (excuse me - create on). I think I need a new year's resolution to put things away - that might last a week. Christmas day was a wonderful gathering of family - and granddogs - lots of good food and lots of leftovers. I return to work tomorrow so I think I may need to take some treats. I went no where yesterday -today I will venture out because I have company coming and they want to go shopping. I know we will be stopping at Hobby Lobby and Papa Murphy's for a pizza.

Well - yes today is Monday - so that means it is Oldie Moldie Monday - time to show some love for your old paper. It still makes beautiful cards. I had this grouping of paper from Piggy Tales - 6 x 6 samples of all their new collections one year which I got at CHA. It has been floating around my crafting area for years so I decided to start creating with it. I got 11 cards made yesterday - I have one more set to create with. All the cards are for Operation Write Home.

The first card is based on the weekly sketch at the Operation Write Home card blog - Stars and Stamps. Every Sunday they offer a new sketch to help your creative juices. With the holidays I did not get a chance to play - but yesterday - as you know - the paper came back out.

Well I need to go and get a few things done - the thought of returning to work tomorrow - very sad - now I can relax - the last two mornings I got up at my normal time - but at 7 I took at nap for 2 hours - it was very nice. Maybe over the New Year's week end I can continue this napping.

Everyone enjoy your Monday. Maybe I will buy myself a present today.

Card Details:
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Paper: Piggy Tales
Stamps - I don't know - they were in my box already stamped and colored and who knows where the stamps are right now
Stickers: SRM Stickers
Sentiment stamp: Hero Arts
May Arts Twine
Spellbinders
Prima Flowers

3 comments:

Ivanka said...

Hi Barb! I'm glad you survived the holidays and had a good time with your family! I love this Piggy Tales paper and your cards are beautiful. You made 11 cards????!!! Good for you...I made one!

Julie said...

Wow, you've been busy, Barb! Great cards! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sunday Sketch challenge!

Sharon Huffman said...

Great cards! I love how colorful they are and those little animals are so cheerful!