Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday, January 18. 2010



Today my baby brother turned 50. I remember the day he was born - I stayed at my Aunt Charlotte's while they went to the hospital. Gee time flies.

Cold here in Wisconsin - YUCK - and it is suppose to get colder. My snow is all shoeveled and blowed due to the kindness of neighbors. I was not looking forward to shoveling the end of the driveway - or finish it - I shoveled enough to get my car out this morning. If someone could figure out a way to let it snow, so it would not snow on roads, driveways, sidewalks - I could be happy with that.

Tonight's card is to send to my daughter and husband - since I can't be there to give them a hug - I will send them one in the mail. I bought this stamp for Operation Write Home - I know it will get lots of use for cards for OWH. On this card I paper pieced the word HUG - I really like how it turned out. I used the sketch from The Sweet Stop. I had this new paper I had to use it. I hope my daughter forgives me because it does have some pinkish color on it - but I think it is more coral.

Everyone enjoy your evening - I have something good in the oven cooking so looking forward to enjoying my share. I made enough to freeze for the kids.

Card detaisl:

Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
Stamp: Stampabilities
Flowers from my supplies
Ribbon: American Crafts

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card. The color is terrific. Looks more coral than pink to me too.

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is DELIGHTFUL! It is very cold here in Wisconsin. I had to shovel today too and I am SO sore!! LOL

dolcreations said...

I just love the colours you chose to do your card!!! Very very pretty in pinks!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

I love that punch for the theme and the paper piecing is neat.
Barb I left you an award on my blog, http://conniescraftycreations.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend,
Connie

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Beautiful card. Love the border punch and the paper pieced sentiment!! Thanks so much for using our sketch this week at The Sweet Stop!!

Hugs,
Wendy