Sunday, August 14, 2011

Basic Grey and Inkadinkado and Spellbinders


Good morning - I tried many times on Thursday to post this card but blogger was being difficult that way.  This card is for Operation Write Home.  The midweek challenge on Stars and Stamps is to make a Thinking of Your card.

I heat embossed the sentiment and then cut it out with a spellbinder diecut - I wanted to make it into a flower. I inked the edges of the flower so it gives it a little contrast.  The green layers are tissue paper so not bulk was added there.  The white border is a Martha Stewart punch that my friend Mary owns.  Tiny glue dots fit perfectly in the middle so helps with the adhering of the edging.  I love this Basic Grey grouping - I have the 6 x 6 pad but did buy a sheet of this black print and the white that the sentiment is stamped on.

I was gone for a couple days visiting my mom and attending a family reunion on my Dad's side of the family.  It was so nice to see my cousins and reconnect. 

Well I must get going and get some work done.  I must finish mowing my lawn - nice to have the cooler temps and rain - but alas - the grass does grow.  Of course, I must wait for a courteous time to mow on week ends.  I believe 9 a.m. is safe to go and mow.

2 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your card is fabulous! I live your tissue paper idea and I have that border punch and love it - now I just need to use it more often :)

Ali said...

Your card is fabulous and the card background has amazing look .
discount card printing