Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Basic Grey and SRM Unite


Good evening - pure laziness is my reason for not posting last night - just didn't feel like it - I was busy making this birthday card.  Got out the new paper collection from Basic Grey - Out of Print - fun collection - love the colors and patterns in the collection - I found the 6 x 6 pad so I was very happy and then did buy a couple of the 12 x 12 sheets.  I buy 12 x 12's of the ones that I feel I would the most of - solids and certain prints which would make great backgrounds for cards. 

The design of the card is based on the weekly sketch posted on Saturday at Card Patterns.  I have not done a sketch for so long.  It really was fun.  Thanks Card Patterns for the great inspiration. 

Susan from SRM Stickers sent me a great care package from CHA - the new SRM Stickers - love - love - love them - thank you Susan and SRM - your thank you card will be made soon. 

The border on the card is a Martha Stewart punch that my friend Mary has - she punched me some white borders - I really like the border and glue dots (the minis) fit just perfect between the circles to help hold down the border.  The flower is a much reduced flower from Michael's.  By reduced - I tore it apart and only used two layers.  The great brad and metal in the middle of the flowers are old embellishments from Imaginisce - but they are so beautiful - I am glad I found them to finish off the center of my card.  The ribbon was from the dollar bin at Michael's.

Everyone have a wonderful evening - hopefully I will get another card made tonight or laid out.

4 comments:

Kristii said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love the colors and the patterns!! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

Elise said...

Positively GORGEOUS work! I love your use of the Card Pattern's sketch for this past week - I'm DELIGHTED that you took the time to share your lovely work with us! THANK YOU! Yee Haw!

Jen said...

Love this! You did an awesome job! Thanks for loving BG!!!

Ivanka said...

Woohoooo!! This gorgeous card showed up in my mailbox today! Thank you so much Barb. It is even more beautiful in real life!