Monday, August 8, 2011

Hero Arts, Basic Grey and Oldie Moldie Monday Unite


Oldie Moldie Monday - time to show some love to that forgotten paper.  I grabbed a box of paper last week and that is what I am going to work on it for Oldie Moldie Monday until I get tired of my choices.

This card is for Operation Write Home - hard to believe it is time to get your holiday cards made for them - but you need time to get them shipped overseas.  So please, start working on your cards for Operation Write Home - bring some smiles to our heroes and their families.

The paper on this card is Basic Grey - Figgy Pudding collection - I wonder what year this came out.  The stamp is a Hero Arts stamp - I inked it with Versamark and a Tim Holtz Distress Ink and used clear embossing powder.  The red is just a little too red - I need to add a more distressed color to it - I may have to rub some brown ink over the top to tone down the red or add some brown ink to the ink on the stamp.  I will let you know what works the best.  I love the use of the clear embossing powder - I am very embossing challenged so clear forgives many mistakes.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments: