Thursday, January 5, 2012

Silhouette fun and Operation Write Home


Sharing another card I made using my Silhouette - check yesterday's post for another card.  This is one of the free cutting files that comes with the machine.  I decided to turn the tag into a cute card.  I sized the tag down to fit on an A2 card - put a color behind the words to make them pop - added some flowers from the flower drawer and some great My Mind's Eye paper.  I made this for Operation Write Home. 

This week's midweek challenge on OWH Stars and Stamps is to use something you got for Christmas - Merry Christmas to Barb - very fun to use.

Come back tomorrow - I may have another card for you to see.

8 comments:

Nancy Keller said...

Wow! The colors n this really caught my eye! What a fun looking project, I've never played with a Silhouette and don't know anything about them ... Thanks for sharing your card! It's amazing!

Donna Hanley said...

Very nice card. Love that flower. Thanks for sharing.

Lee Mae said...

That big tag makes a great background element. Love how the flower goes so well with the patterned paper too. Very nice card.

Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

Ivanka said...

Love the big tag. I'm glad you're having fun with your Christmas present. You are a very good enabler, I am getting a little jealous of your new toy!

Cindy's Card Co said...

Great card Barb, I like the tag on the card.

Missy said...

Barb,
what a great design. I see you are really enjoying that Silhoutte. I can't wait to see what else you make with it throughout the year.

Marianne
OWH Blog Team
operationwritehome.org

Linda said...

Awesome! Just love that paper and the sentiment...tags are always cute! TFS!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Great card, you're having lots of fun with your new toy! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!