Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Stampendous and Jillibean Soup


Good evening - a quick share tonight - the June Challenge at Stampendous is to do summer items.  I have all these Stampendous Changito stamps so this gave me a wonderful excuse to use them  I had bought many of these stamps when a friend was battling breast cancer - I sent her a card each week and somehow it was mostly monkeys - the idea was to make Shari smile at least once a week.  Breast cancer took Shari from us but I need to use my stamps to make other people smile.  This card will be for my Operation Write Home box.  I think many people will smile when they see this card.

The paper is from Jillibean Soup - Southern Chicken Dumpling - it is a spring collection - and the colors are so yummy.  I cut the hello with my Silhouette and colored it with Copics - the same colors used on the flower around the face of the monkey.

I hope this card brings a smile to your face.

3 comments:

StampendousGraphics said...

Such a cute card! I remember your cards for Shari so fondly, I'm sure her family does as well! Thanks for keeping Changito the Monkey smiling in summer!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super cute card!!! Thanks for playing in the Stampendous! June Summer challenge!!

Melinda Gleissner said...

I smiled:-) and also shed a little tear for the loss of your friend. Your card is wonderful! I adore the happy colors and of course that monkey! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampendous Saturday Challenge.