Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Stampendous and Retro Sketches


Oh Happy Day - I got a card made for two challenges.  The sketch from Retro Sketches and the monthly challenge from Stampendous for summer cards.

Don't the colors scream summer - gingham, denim, eyelet lace and a cute little bee waving a flag.

The sketch is very simple but fun.


The paper is from Simple Stories.  Stamp is by Stampendous colored with Copics and some bling added to the flowers and bee boppers.  The sticker is from SRM Stickers.  

We have four generation of women in our family with the middle name of Bea.  This card will go to my daughter who is now living in Alaska - it will be her fourth of July card.  I may have to make a couple more especially one for the Queen Bea - my mom.  

I really have a card time putting a card front on a card that entirely covers the card base.  I take it off and put it on and take it off - you get the picture - so I finally get it on and I am happy with how it looks and I have it on backwards - well it is on there - and it is going to stay that way.  Hopefully they will smile when they have to open their card backwards.  I have a neighborhood family that all their cards are made that way because the first card I made I was in a hurry and running out of time so it had to go as it was - so now it is a tradition.  They would be offended if I gave them a card that opened up normal.  

Enjoy your day.  

3 comments:

Ivanka said...

Love your card, love the idea of 4 generations of Bea's and love the idea of a backwards card! I'm still waiting for mine....

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super cute card!!! Thanks for joining us in the Stampendous! June Summer challenge!!!

-t

Melinda Gleissner said...

Happy Day to you! What a great card. I love the lace and gingham strip and of course this very cute Stampendous image. Thanks for playing along with our Summer Saturday Challenge.