Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stretching Your Stamps



I am taking the online class - Stretching Your Stamps - this is the first day I have played with my stamps.  I am combining Day 3 (stamping on acetate for an overlay) and Day 1 using a background stamp.

I got two entirely different looks from the background stamp.  On the first card - the background stamp was stamped on acetate with Stazon Ink.  If you notice we have a border at the bottom of the card - that is called - covering up where it did not stamp well - the 2nd attempt was much better but I was making a kit for my friend who is also taking the class.  I layered on lots of colors - what a great find that pad was at Tuesday Morning.  Fun summer colors - orange, green, teal, pink.  The hello was cut with my Silhouette - very bold in the white but I think I like it.

The second card just used a strip of paper stamped with the background stamp.  If you notice - I punched holes in all the dots so the background paper would show through.  The green was embossed with a Cuddlebug folder.  A very masculine card that will go in my Operation Write Home Box.

All stamps are by Hero Arts.

2 comments:

Cindy Groh said...

Super cute cards. Thank you for the inspiration:)

Anonymous said...

punching out the centers sure does change the look of it