Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Retro Sketches, Fiskar and Lawn Fawn


I love the weekly sketch challenge from Retro Sketches - it is so simple in its design with so much potential.

With a basic design, you have to make sure that every element you use - packs a punch and coordinates together.  I grabbed a new to me 6 x 6 pad from Lawn Fawn (Dewey Decimal).  I love the colors.  I had cut a different shape for the main shape but it was too big and the lines of the shape did not go with the line of the banners.

I do have a problem making a single layer card so had to cut the same color rectangle as the card base and ink the edge to make the base for the design.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts - it is a sentiment I use lots on my Operation Write Home cards.  The bird shape is a punch from Fiskars.

Tuesday - one day closer to the week end.

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Great card...I would love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!
http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-22.html?m=1