Sunday, February 10, 2013

You Make Me Smile - Thoughts of Spring


Sunday morning - time to do the Operation Write Home - Stars and Stamps weekly sketch - I had a weird night of sleep so a little slower this morning.

A little blue bird of happiness, a sweet sentiment and a little paper and twine finish off this card.  The blue, green and pink are all scraps.  I did cut into a sheet for the stripe.  A Sizzix dmbossing folder adds the texture.  Now I need to go make valentine cards for my own family.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday and lets hope Spring will soon come to all of us.

12 comments:

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Oooo Barb, I love this card. It's sure a cute breath of fresh air with the promise of spring. Great embossing and love the strip of color along the bottom. Thanks for playing!

Carol L said...

Barb, you picked the perfect image as you are always the early bird for OWH challenges! This bluebird is a sign of spring, and I love thinking about spring in the midst of this cold weather! I love that embossed background too - great card! Hope you can catch some Zzzzz's :)

Unknown said...

The little blue bird is darling and I love the sentiment, too. We all need someone in our life that makes us smile. Hope you get some sleep.

RobinH said...

I love that little bird image! so cute

Linda said...

What a cutie...love that embossing...great elements! tfs!!!

Lori Law said...

So Very Cute! Love the colors, the image and especially the background texture. Very Spring! Lori Law

Erika said...

I love your bluebird...so happy! The embossing is beautiful.

Donna Hanley said...

Barb, Such a sweet, warm card. It did make me smile, so it did it's job well. Hope you get some better sleep time in tonight.

Unknown said...

That is very cute!

Sherry Hickey said...

Barb, your sweet little card says so much! Great job.

Unknown said...

Love the texture on your card!

Samantha said...

Love all the texture and the colors on your card! The bird is very cute!