Monday, May 13, 2013

Oldie Moldie Monday


This is a card made from recycled paper.  I used covers from commencement programs.  Since I have started collecting the unused or discarded programs, we have gone through the colors of grey, purple and now they are white.  Yeah - it was really hard to make that many purple cards.

This is a retirement card for a professor at our university.  I thought it was very appropriate to use the commencement program covers for her card.  The cardbase is a program cut to size.  I cut purple to use as a mat, cut the border and then cut 2 different sizes of shaped Spellbinders for the flower.  I wet the flower layers and then crinkled them up - they have such a nice shape now.  Luckily I am not mailing this card - it will be hand delivered.  The sentiment is from SRM Stickers.

Come back tomorrow to see another retirement card - where I got artsy fartsy.

No comments: