Saturday, June 1, 2013

Just a Penny Black Note


My Mom has recently gone to live in a nursing home so I want to send her a card or note once or twice a week especially on the weeks when I cannot come to visit.  She looked so good when I visited her last week end so I think she may thrive there - she is 94 and does pretty good except for that arthritis - I suppose if she was 20 years younger she would have knee replacement done.

Pink is my Mom's favorite color and she loves flowers.  Now you understand the theme for the card.

I have lots of white card stock that I am recycling from covers for commencement programs - they are just thrown away after the ceremony - so I pick up a bunch and recycle them.  This card is mostly from the recycled card stock.  It is a small card 4.25 x 3.  The stamps used are from Penny Black.  I inked the edges of a piece of the card stock so the pinks matched perfectly.  I added a little bling to the card for some extra contrast.

I am entering this in the challenge at Addicted to CAS.  The challenge is circles.  I have a few circles on this card.

Everyone have a great Saturday - today is a decompression day for me from work - because tomorrow I will go in for some quiet - gee I am able to focus - work time.

5 comments:

Kylie said...

Lovely embossed card! Love the use of the circles for our challenge and the bright colours!!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

roffeycreations said...

What a lovely card and all for Mum - I hope she gets lots of pleasure from it and the many more you will be sending her way... popped over from ATCAS Mxx

Cathy said...

This is so lovely, the pink is a gorgeous shade :) Cathy

Monika Reeck said...

lovely pink circle with flowers and all circle on your card...lovely done..

I am just joining for the first time the challenge on Addicted to CAS, my card is number 66, would you mind to see it on my Blog, I would be so happy if you could leave me some love, and thanks before...big hugs, Monika

Christine said...

The circle with the white embossed flowers is so beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!
Christine