Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mixed Media Christmas Project


Once again it is Mou's November challenge on the Faber-Castell Blog - the challenge is to show what you have been working on.  

This project started as a piece of cardboard that is 4.5 inches by 5.5 inches.  I have been working on this project for a little while.  I think a piece of old dictionary was added to the front of the cardboard with gel medium.  It was then covered with Gesso.  I added a little texture to the Gesso by dabbing at it with a paper towel.  A blue Gelato was used to color the layers.  A baby wipe was used to smooth out the color and rub it into the Gessoed dictionary page.  .  The snowman was stamped on the front.  Pink and teal Gelatoes were used on another Gessoed dictionary page.  The snowman was stamped on the different colors.  I fussy cut out the scarf and hat.  They were added to the snowman.  Polka dots were added to the pink pieces - I used a toothpick and Gesso for the polka dots.  The snowman was colored with a White Big Brush.  A Gesso snowbank was made around the snowman.  My modeling paste was sitting there so I thought I would add some dimension to the snowman.  I used a piece of funky trim that has holes in it.

The sentiment was stamped on another piece of Gessoed and Gelatoed dictionary page.  The sentiment was trimmed apart and added to the piece with gel medium.  Various rub ons were added to the background.

I cut the trim from some recycled cardstock and added a layer of Gesso on the trim.  After it was dry it was added to the piece using gel medium to adhere it.  Stickles were rubbed over the snow and the trim.  Gesso was added to the edge of the final piece.  A ribbon was added for a hanger.

I believe I will be giving my ornament/wall hangings as Christmas cards this year.  Hopefully they will have a little more life in everyone's future holiday trims.

1 comment:

gloria vivas said...

Es un diseño precioso!
Muchas gracias por tu comentario en mi blog.
Que tengas mucha suerte!
Besos