Sunday, December 29, 2013

Anything Goes - Get a Head Start on Next Christmas




For some reason I want to get a head start on next year's holiday projects.  I don't want to be making things at the last minute.

Paper Smooches Spark Challenge blog has an "anything goes" challenge this week.


I decided to make an ornament.  I love the Paper Smooches snowmen - I really do want to find my stamps from the last couple years - hmmmmmm - I wonder where I buried them.  I have a project all planned as soon as I find the rest of the snowman family.  The base of the ornament is a paper like form used for starting your seeds.  I believe I bought a package at Home Depot many years ago.  I dabbed gesso all over the shape.  I then dabbed on some Tim Holtz distress paint.  The snowman was stamped on a dictionary page which had been gessoed also.  The sentiment was the same base but it was colored with gelatos and distress paints.  I put three snowman around the ornament using gel medium.  I added the sentiment over the top.  At the top and bottom of the ornament I used a paste product and rubbed some Stickles on top of it.  There is a hanger in the top of the ornament so it can be hung on the tree.  So yes - anything goes today.


If you wish to purchase your own Paper Smooches stamps, you can do it at their web site.  You won't have to wait to unbury them.

One day of work and then two days off.  Yeah!!!  Stay warm.

2 comments:

vic said...

This is such a gorgeous decoration and fab idea for starting your christmas projects now for next year, I hope you have a lovely new year!!

Vic x

Erin said...

What a sweet ornament! And I am impressed that you have s tart to your holiday projects for next year... way to go!

Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!