Sunday, January 19, 2014

Journal 52 - Week 1

I saw on facebook a weekly help for journaling and doing for me mixed media.  It is called Journal 52.

Each week there will be a prompt to inspire you.  The first prompt was "Up, Up and Away".  I chose to use a butterfly.  They are so beautiful.  This butterfly was sitting on my design table - I had cut it out of white so I colored it with gelatos.  My Cameo Silhouette did the cutting of the butterfly for me.

The base for my pages are recycled program covers, sewn together and then the front and back are gessoed.  I painted with yellow acrylic paint.  The words grow and fly were cut free hand.  I used my Faber Castell big pens and gelatoes on the page.

Considering how fast I put the page together I am happy with it but hopefully when I have time my pages will be better.  The back of each page will be blank - the same color as the front - I can write on there if I wish.


Hopefully my art skills will grow this year.  It felt good to play with paint again.

No comments: