Thursday, May 22, 2014

More Watercolor


Here is another watercolor card I made in the online watercolor card class.  As you can see, I did enjoy this class.  In this class you used a design to paint your image.  I cut this flower shape with my Silhouette.  I then laid the design over my watercolor paper - taped it down - and painted inside the cut out shapes.  After you have the initial shape painted you can remove your cut design.  I think I colored it with gelatos and some watercolor pencils layering color upon color.  After I liked the design, I then added some color around the design.  I colored a strip of watercolor paper and also another piece where I stamped my sentiment.  The sentiment was from Unity Stamps.

I added the dots but I didn't really like them but they were stuck so there was no turning back.  In retrospect I think I would have liked to have done some splatters.  I matted the image in dark grey (my new black) - I wanted something dark on the card to pick up the black ink in the sentiment.

I still have more backgrounds made so there will be more cards coming soon.

No comments: