Saturday, May 3, 2014

National Scrapbooking (no Cardmaking) Day

Today is National Scrapbooking Day but I am going to rebel and make cards.  Well at least a couple cards.

This card is for the ODBD (Our Daily Bread Designs) monthly contest on Stars and Stripes (Operation Write Home Card Blog).  For each 25 entries ODBD pays for the shipping for a box of cards to our Heroes overseas.  We are trying to reach 50 posts today.  Here is my card for the challenge - embossing.   I chose to do dry embossing.


I cut the flower from cardstock with my Silhouette and colored it with Copics.  The patterned paper is from a 6 x 6 pad from Lawn Fawn.  I glued the flower to white cardstock and embossed it.  It basically melts your design in the cardstock.  Since I could not find any cardstock to match the blue of the flower, I colored my own paper for my sentiment and to be the base layer for my patterned paper.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.

Thanks for stopping by.  I really need to do something productive in the way of housework.  I did gather all my plastic bags together - OMG - I have a trunk full - you can recycle them at Walmart and that is my first stop tomorrow to get rid of all those bags.

Enjoy the remainder of your day.

No comments: