Sunday, June 22, 2014

Watercolor, Hero Arts, and Seize the Sketch

I have had this piece of background paper I made in the online watercolor class sitting on my table.  I have been trying to use it but nothing ever came together.  Finally we have a card.  The background is made by wetting a piece of watercolor paper and I add a light wash of color.  I then put a stencil over the top and then brush more watercolor over the openings in the stencil.  It never turns out the same.  This is one of my favorite color combos of distress ink.  I decided to use a piece of the background paper in the sketch from Seize the Sketch.


I had watercolored the flower awhile back.  It was colored with distress inks also.  This is a new Hero Arts stamp set for me with a coordinating die set.  Yes I do have other embossing folders besides this one but I love the subtle effects of this embossing folder.  The pearls came from my supplies which I must start using.  I died the crochet thread with distress ink so it would match the card perfectly.


I hope you enjoy my take on the sketch.  It is a sketch with great possibilities.  Now I need to do some work for work.  I need to put in a few hours today to finish up a project.  Everyone enjoy their Sunday.

3 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Barb, this is just beautiful! I do not tend to gravitate to purple, but you have really made this lavender shine! Love the touch of minty green with it- just a perfect calming color combo. Yeah to using your watercolored paper! Sounds like that was a fabulous class. All of your elements came together wonderfully in this card! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Mona Pendleton said...

oh so pretty! The flower is beautiful! Thanks for joining along with Seize the Sketch! Please feel free to check out my sample: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/2014/06/helloseize-sketch-22.html

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it, Barb! The watercolouring is just beautiful, and that flower is so perfectly shaded. I know what you mean about the embossing folders too - I have probably 20, and generally use the same 2 over & over :) So glad you came to play with us at Seize the Sketch this time around!