Saturday, August 30, 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch

I enjoy making cards in the fall.  I have a thing for tree stamps and leaf stamps so be prepared to see lots in the upcoming months.  I also found some fall fabric - so be prepared for cards with images from this fabric.  Oldie Moldie Monday used one image and this Monday's post will be using it again.  But I digress.

Today I made a card using the weekly sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch - I always find using an off angle piece on your card interesting.  Sometimes for me - it doesn't turn out so well - but this one did.  I really like the simplicity of it.  It would work as a masculine card also.

Here is the sketch.


Here is my version.  I don't know if I have ever used this stamp before.  It is from Memory Box.  I embossed it with ZING brown embossing powder.  I then colored the image with distress paints.  I had to combine some colors and a little gelato to get my trunk color.  The halo around the tree (I don't know what else to call it) is two shades of distress paint combined.  The sky and grass are more watered down distress paints.  I won't win any contests for my landscapes but I think it turned out OK.  I added a sweet sentiment from Endless Creations - a Wisconsin stamp company. I dry embossed a piece of Kraft with a woodgrain folder and inked it a little.  It was glued directly to the card base.  The image and sentiment were pop dotted.  I then added a few sequins.


I am also going to put it in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - which is Witch-Kraft.  Hey I did use Kraft paper - but no witch - unless you are calling me that today.

It is raining off and on today so a good day to stay inside.  Now I must go do dishes.  I took dinner to some neighbors and my kitchen is a disaster still.

Happy Saturday

4 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute! And the best reason ever for sending a card! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

alexandra s.m. said...

Great take on the sketch!

Taunya Butler said...

This card is awesome, and woodsy, and very natural!! Love it, that embossed wood grain looks so fantastic and your tree is totally lovely!! Way to go!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a fun little scene! Great take on the sketch!