Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday - Time to Play With My Unity Stamps

It is Friday - time for Friends With Flair on the Unity Blog.  Time to show some love to my box of Unity stamps.


I have been wanting to use this shape on my Silhouette to make a shaped sewing card.  In days gone by - many many moons ago - I sewed - I sewed well - I worked over ten years in a fabric store.  I still love fabric but now - when I look at fabric sometimes - I think - this would make beautiful paper.  This cute stamp set from Unity was a great addition to the spool shaped card.  I decided to use a sentiment from the paper pad from We R Memory Keepers instead of using one of the sentiments from the stamp set.  This pad of paper is all sewing and artistic themed and has such beautiful colors in it.  I used the Martha Stewart button punch.  Some stitch stickers from SRM added the finishing touch to the card.

I am also entering this card in Virginia's View Challenge.  I have been wanting to participate in one of her challenges but time has not allowed it.  Today I accomplished it.  Her current challenge is for a shaped card.

Busy week end - I hope to make some cards on Sunday but who knows.  At least I will have to make my Oldie Moldie Monday cards.  Enjoy your week end.


18 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Barb, your spool shape card is AWESOME! It really fit in with the theme and your lovely designs. The images on the spools are lovely and beautiful! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Shape Card Challenge! Hope to see more of your lovely work! Thanks for playing!

Ruby said...

This is a fantastic card. Love all the details.

Cynthia said...

Love this, Barb. The shaped card and all of the elements work perfectly together!

angie blom said...

beautiful card.. love the details!!

Rubeena I. said...

Wow, this came out really nice!

Dolores Raml said...

Beautiful card, love the shape!

Miwa said...

What an adorable card, I love the design!

Linda said...

Super fun...love the theme! tfs!!!

Sue D said...

Perfect shape and embellishments for this sewing themed card.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What great details! Love the colors!

Waving My Wand said...

How cute! Lots of lovely little details too...Love!

Crystal said...

Adorable shaped card and details!

Dr. Ivy said...

Very cute papers and stamps.

Gaylynn said...

My Mom would love this card. Your design is so fun and filled with much sewing love.

Scrapper Myra said...

Oh. This is great card. Lovely design.

Dawn Fields said...

I'm loving your spool shaped card! I love all the details you used, too!

Angeline Choo said...

Oh this is such a cool card! LOVE the details.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Super cute and lot's of fun detail!