Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday - Time to Play With Unity Stamps

On Friday I try to post a card using some of my Unity Stamps an share it on Friends with Flair.  I am trying to use more of my Unity stamps but what do I do - but grab a stamp I have used before.

I decided I wanted to do a mixed media card - I love to play and get messy.


I am actually planning ahead - my youngest daughter celebrates her wedding anniversary in late September.  Don't you love those falling hearts that are really leaves.  It will probably gag Carrie - oh well.  The focal point of the card is a book page adhered to a piece of multi media paper with gel medium.  Gesso was added over the top.  The blue and green were gelatos.  The green did have other inks added to get a little more variation in the green grass.  The tree was heat embossed and it was colored in with distress paints and a Faber Castell Big Pen.  I added some embossing paste dots around the card.  The edges of all the papers were distressed.  I also wiped paint across some of the bottom mat which had been sanded also.  The sentiment and image are pop dotted.

I am also entering this card in to the Monday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp.  The challenge is Scratched Up.  Distressing, rubbing paint and ink over the paper, sanding paper - I think I nailed Scratched Up.

I also found another Mixed Media Challenge Site - Mixed Media and Watercolor - seem to be the hot picks in the world of card making right now.  Their monthly challenge is to use Stencils and Pastes.  I used a stencil  and embossing paste for my dots on the front of my card.

After I took the picture I did add glossy accents to all the hearts.

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your Friday and week end.

23 comments:

Maria said...

Great card! Love all the textures !

Dolores Raml said...

Beautiful card, love all the texture you have going on and the hearts for leaves is a really neat idea.

Crystal said...

This is beautiful! I love the little confetti hearts as falling leaves!

Dawn Fields said...

Beautiful card! I love all the texture!

ionabunny said...

Nice colours and textures

Rachel said...

very pretty card and love all your gorgeous details and colors! it's great to see some Unity used in our challenge ;) Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Carol L said...

What a sweet and fun anniversary card! I love the book page idea!

Rubeena I. said...

This is really sweet

Kary said...

Sweet card - I love the flowing hearts!!

dclouser said...

This is lovely! The hearts are amazing.

Riette said...

You nailed it all over! :D

Tracy said...

Gorrrrgeous, I looove it!! xoxox

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the texture and the color is fabulous. I haven't tried Mixed Media yet, but it looks fun. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Sue D said...

Very cool mixed media card. I like all the hearts.

JPScraps said...

Awesome!

Waving My Wand said...

Wow, this is seriously fabulous! Love all the details and dimensions!

Donna B. said...

What an awesome card! I love all the colors and textures. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

angie blom said...

Beautiful card,

Miwa said...

Love the mixed-media card, the different textures give iutnso much character and yes, I love the falling heart leaves!

Lynn K said...

Lovely mixed media card! The falling hearts are adorable and I love the texture on your card! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge "Stencils and Pastes"!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful creation. The colors and textures are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Farley said...

Congratulations winning the FWF! This is one awesome work of art.

Lalo said...

Really sweet!