Sunday, August 24, 2014

Fusion Challenge

The Fusion Challenge has a great sketch and wonderful colors in their inspiration photo.  I actually used both in my card.  The sketch is a variation of a favorite layout for me - I like to do the layers with them off angles from each other like this sketch.


I have been playing with my gelatos, gesso and dictionary pages.  The start of card for me was I had done something and I had swiped some paper across the leftover paint so it did not go to waste.  You come up with some of the best backgrounds for card making this way.  The flower is stamped on this piece of paper.  I then had to create some coordinating colors to go with the flower.  The colors are so bright and cheerful.  I had a little strip leftover for the sentiment so had to find a sentiment I could stamp on it.


The sentiment and flower are Hero Art stamps.  Hint - when stamping on the gelatos even my Versafine Ink does not dry that fast and I always end up smearing it.  Today I decided to clear emboss it and it works great plus your black has a sheen to it now.  I added a little dry embossing to the main layer.

I added some embellishments scattered around the card.  I struggle with that.  Hopefully I achieved the correct balance.  I took a few off.

Enjoy the remainder of your Sunday.  I took a short nap.

No comments: