Monday, August 25, 2014

Oldie Moldie Monday

Monday - time to show some love for your old supplies.  In a former life, I sewed and worked in a fabric store for over 10 years.  My love of fabric has never really gone away and my skills of putting colors and textures together has helped me with card making.

I had bought this piece of fabric with fall images on it and was going to use it for cards - and how many years ago was that.  Who knows - but I decided to use it for my first fall card.  I also used an older collection from Authentique paper, old ribbon, old button and some stickers I have had for quite awhile.


The card measures 4.5  x  6 inches.  The fabric on the card is the scarecrow image and the rust strip under the sentiment.  I adhered a lite iron on adhesive to the back of my fabric and then adhered it to some card stock.  This gives your fabric some stability.  Once I cut the fabric out, I ran a black marker along the edge of the fabric because I tried to keep the black lines that were part of the design.  I did some distressing with my Tim Holtz distress tool.  Pop dotted the image and sentiment.

I think I will make some more fall cards with this fabric.  Come back next Monday maybe there will be another oldie moldie Monday card with some of this same fabric.

It is Monday - blah - but I am working a 4 day week so I can have an extra long week end.


No comments: