Saturday, August 16, 2014

Tag You're It - Let's Try It

There is a new challenge blog - Tag You're It - and you make tags - clean and simple tags.  I do hope it is clean and simple - I do struggle with that.  They give you a tag that you take your inspiration from.  Here is the tag to inspire you.  It is beautiful.


The inspiration I am taking from this picture/tag is the hello and the flower.  I cut my shapes with the Silhouette and it is a small card in the shape of a tag.  It is going to my young friend in Australia.  Looking forward to seeing her in the fall when she returns and learn about all her adventures.


I off set my flower so that the white showed underneath it to pick up the white of the hello and also the center of the flower.  I layered 3 cuts of the flower together to have it be off the card base without using dimensionals.  I chose the colors because teal and pink are two of her favorite colors.  I added the pearls to pick up the color of the yellow strip I added on the bottom.  The paper is from American Crafts.

3 comments:

Marybeth said...

Barb I love your tag with the fun two toned flower! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!

Pawsitively Creative said...

I think you hit the nail on the head with this challenge! Clean-check, simple-check? It looks "simple" but there is so much technique behind that simple. Well done! Thanks for stopping by my blog as well. Hugs!

Marion said...

A very happy and summery tag. Thanks for playing along at the Tag You're It Challenge :)