Thursday, December 4, 2014

Holiday Ornament

I have had this ornament design rolling around in my head for awhile so it feels good to get it done.  I really do like how it turned out.  I do wish I could get a better photograph of it.

The challenge on the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge Blog is anything goes.  Yeah - my ornament came to life.




The clear glass ornaments that you can buy at the holidays are wonderful to create with.  They are a blank canvas.  I put a coat of clear gesso on the front of the ornament.  I painted some dictionary pages with gesso and when it was ready I stamped Mr. Snowman.  I colored the few things that you need to color on a snowman.  I used my Faber Castell Big Brush pens.  I put the snowman on the front of the ornament with gel medium.  I then used some embossing paste for my snowbank.  The sky was painted with distress paints.  I used a stencil to add the white dots in the sky (snow).  I brushed Glass Bead Glitter Gel over the snowbank and snowman.  I added some snowflake stickers to the sky.



I am also going to enter this ornament in the monthly challenge on the Faber Castell blog.  The challenge this month is to make a gift for someone using your mixed media supplies.

I am also sharing this ornament on the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog which is Christmas/Holiday.

Next week I will do a tutorial on the different steps for making this ornament on the Mixed Media Mojo blog.

You too can have your own Paper Smooches stamps by shopping here.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

How creative is your ornament, Barb! I love the colors that you chose and the glitter really shines through! Fabulous creation! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas/Holidays” Challenge!

Jenny said...

This homemade bauble is amazing, how very creative and it has turned out brilliantly. Thanks for joining in the challenge at PS Sparks this week :0)
Jenny x

Mandy LaCroix said...

WOW! I love that you created an ornament! This is fantastical!

Lynn said...

Oh wow! I'm so glad you created this ornament. It is absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

Linsey R said...

What a delightful ornament!! I love how you created this and I am super inspired by it! I have lots of these clear round bulbs and haven't a clue what to do with them--until now!! Thank you so much for sharing your darling snowman ornament!!! :)