Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Mixed Media Christmas Tag

I have been trying to learn how to draw and I attended Bella Crafts weekend in the Twin Cities and one of my instructors Cindy Shepard had us drawing some funky little birds.  Therefore, I have been drawing lots of funky little birds.  There are not original ideas - Pinterest is full of inspiration and I am just trying to gain confidence in my ability to draw a little for my own fun and creativity.  Needless to say I have pages of little birds and big birds that are drawn and colored.  I decided to use one of these on my tag.

Happy Little Stampers has a Mixed Media challenge each month and the challenge was to make a tag.  This I have done.


The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge for the month is to use texture.


I had the leftover tag shape from a day of creating with one of my neighbor kids.  Kristin has been making Christmas tags.  I covered the tag shape with a piece of patterned paper with a music background.  I added a light layer of gesso.  I cut out one of my funky birds.  The ultimate goal is I wanted to use one of the Santa hat stickers I had bought.  Well you know all those stickers go in different directions and the small hat sticker is the one that went on this bird.  This is why I chose that sentiment because it looks like he is attempting to be merry with his tiny little Santa hat.  (I may give it to my daughter who manages a large retail store and the holidays are crazy for her.)

There is silver embossing paste.  The swirl in the upper right hand corner is actually a reindeer's antlers.  The snowflakes are embossed in a Ranger embossing powder that I am loving.  The sticker is by Jolee.  I used glass and glitter gel medium for the snow.  It is from Faber Castell.


I did not add any trim to the hole of the tag.  This tag may be made into a card so unsure what I am going to do to finish the tag.

Everyone enjoy your day and "Let's Be Merry".  Remember to be kind to all the retail workers.

5 comments:

Ivanka said...

Wow, beautiful! Such amazing detail and dimension.

Loll said...

This is really adorale! Love all the fun elements on your tag. And your bird is adorable! Great job drawing!! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

Linda said...

Love this ..... great texture and the bird is just adorable! Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge xx

Donna B. said...

Very cute tag with great texture! Thanks for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Rachel said...

oh my gosh i LOVE this little guy!! he's adorable! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com