Thursday, December 31, 2015

FAVORITE Mixed Media Projects of 2015

It is the end of 2015 and I always try to look back at my projects I created in the year and find my favorites and why they may be my favorites.

Today I will pick my favorite Mixed Media projects.


I love the Dina Wakely Scribbly birds and had so much fun making the bright background.  The inside says - "So Damn It - Be Happy."


This was a birthday card for a very special friend.  All kinds of different layers on this card.  I used one of my first loves - fabric on the card.  I know that Mary always appreciates all the work I put into my cards.


This card is a favorite because I hand drew the cupcake.  I am trying to learn to draw so this made me so happy that it turned out so well.  It went to a special young lady who has made me appreciate the color orange and everything it has to offer.  It is not a color that should only be associated with Halloween and fall.


These ATC's are a favorite because I used up some supplies on them.  I have bottles of little Prima flowers and this ATC exchange used up many of that one bottle of different colored flowers.


This canvas helped me win a contest and $400 worth of prizes.  Once again I used fabric and all kinds of different things on the canvas.


I love this particular project because it is a favorite color of mine.  I also made the majority of the flowers on this project.

IO

This is a retirement card.  I love the stamp - it is very versatile and know that I will be using it lots more this year.


This is my snarky card.  I sent it to a very close friend who is a card maker also.  I love all the layers on it plus that sentiment.  Makes me smile every time I look at it.


I love this card.  It has so many beautiful layers on it.  Once again there is fabric on the card.  I also recycled some tissue paper from a bridal shoewr.  The sentiment made me think of an incident I had with a friend when we traveled this last year so had to make her this card.  She said it was the most beautiful card she had ever received.


This is a Christmas card I made and send to my friend Mary.  It turned out so beautiful and she loved it.  I love making my own backgrounds and love that silver embossing paste.


I had to share a journal page because I had the privilege and joy of taking 4 classes from Dyan Reaveley.  I do hope she returns to the scrapbook store this upcoming year.
 

I must end the year with this Christmas ornament I made for my grandson Isaiah.  It was his first Christmas ornament.  Thank you so much to my son in law who lost his battle with cancer for sharing his children with me and giving me the opportunity to be a grandmother and I guess a great grandmother.

Come back in a couple days to see my favorite cards - the cards will not be mixed media cards - well they may have a touch - who knows.

1 comment:

craftyd said...

So many awesome things. I always love all of the layering you do plus those fabulous bows.