Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Mixed Media Happy Retirement Card

I will be attending a retirement party for a person I worked on campus with for many years.  I wanted to make her a special card to cheer her on her way.  She won't have to make that long drive of hers this winter.  Smart girl to retire at the end of December.


The image was stamped on book pages that had a layer of gesso.  It was stamped with Versafine Ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  The bird and flower were colored with InkIntense pencils.  The background of the stamped area was done with gelatos.  I did not have any paper that matched the pink of the flowers so colored another panel to I had an accent piece.  Some embossing paste was added through a stencil around the card image.  I sprayed grey paint in the air and it floated over the front of the card.  You never know what you will get when you do this but it does add another layer of depth to the card.  The sentiment was stamped on vellum.

I am entering the card in the monthly challenge at Mixed Media Card Challenge where the challenge is Celebration with the added element to use vellum.  I think I nailed both of them.


I am also entering it into the Stamplorations Stencil Hop.  You just need to use a stencil on your project.  I added the embossing paste dots to my project with a stencil.  They have a great blog hop going on - you should pop over there and take a look at the great creations.

Potluck today to start out the festivities.  Next will be the retirement party and then head into my daughters for the evening.  Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Sanna said...

lovely card!! thanks so much for playing along with us at MMCC this month!!

Carol said...

Thanks for joining the Flash Stencil Linky Party at STAMPlorations this month with your gorgeous card. Carol DT x

Julia Aston said...

What a colorful and happy retirement card! love the birds and your wonderful coloring of them! Thanks for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge! Julia xx

Pon Malar said...

Wow, this is so cute & fun. Beautiful & colorful ♥♥