Friday, January 1, 2016

New Challenge - Mixed Media Mojo

It is January 1, 2016 (HAPPY NEW YEAR) and also time for a new monthly challenge on Mixed Media Mojo blog.


Winter - it returned this week in the state of Wisconsin.  It brought us inches of wet snow, sleet, and freezing rain.  I was very happy I did not have to be out in it.  In fact, I stayed in my pajamas all day - I said the first day it was snowing and it was a day I would have to be working - with retirement  I was staying in my pajamas all day.  It did glisten.

My canvas uses a snowman stamp from Stampendous.  He is the perfect size for a canvas - almost too big for a card.


The snowman was stamped on a book page with gesso on it and cut out.  He was colored with distress paints.  The stamped snowflakes were from several different stamp sets.  I also added snowflakes done with a stencil and embossing paste.  Adds more texture and depth to your canvas.

Please stop by Mixed Media Mojo this month and play along with us.

No comments: