Sunday, May 1, 2016

Mixed Media Mojo May Challenge

Hard to believe it is already May and time to start a new challenge on Mixed Media Mojo.  The challenge for May is Flowers with the twist of stitching (real for faux).



I found a page in a journal where I had been putzing for months.  The first layer was putting gel medium through a stencil and yes it did work.  You do end up with a very faint design on your page.  After that I just kept adding layers of paint and never really knew where I was going.  I was a little crunched on time for creating something for this challenge so decided to start with this page in my book.  I do wish I had taken a picture of it before I added all the layers.


The flower was on the page along with the painted background.  I did add some more of the aqua which is the blue on the left side.  I was working over the orange and pinks so that must be why I ended up with this shade of blue.

I drew on the stem and leaves.  They have about four layers of different greens on their in different paints.  I could not get the coverage or color I wanted.  I added some veins with a ink intense pencil.  The white on the leaves are rub on stitches which I have had for many years.  Of course, they do not work as well as when they are new so we get a random look when they are added to your pictures.

There is some journaling on the page.  I have written along the stem and the leaves.  Bloom where you are planted is the message and then lots of Bloom.  I really feel we have it within our own power to make the best of where ever we are and we just need to plant some roots and start growing and blooming.

I added some embossing paste through stencils and then also scraped some on in different places.  Of course, the last step is the black splatters.  There is no control for me on this step - all I got was the big ones and I am scared but finally I managed some smaller splatters and I liked it better.  I also painted the center of the flower with the same black.

Here are some close ups of different parts of the journal page.




The stitching on my page is all faux.  I tried to use the rub ons and then I also used a white gel pen and added more stitching lines.

I hope you come along and play with us.  Don't you have a mother's day card to make or a graduation card which needs a flower on it and some stitching.

2 comments:

Deb said...

This is wonderful! Fabulous layers and details, so many beautiful images to capture the eye. Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

Electra said...

Your page is perfect, love the background!