Friday, June 10, 2016

Christmas in June

I am trying to work ahead on my Christmas cards this week since I always seem to be running a losing race in December.

The challenge on the weekly blog Merry Monday Christmas is Cards for Kids.


I will buy gift tags when they are on clearance to make cards out of.  These tags are usually the focal point of your card and an easy way to produce a few cards.  I suppose in a way it is cheating - but I am OK with this type of cheating or short cut taking - maybe that is a better explanation for me to use Christmas gift tags.

I had eight of these sweet little penguins.  I went into my supply of Christmas papers and found some good papers to coordinate with the many colors in the scarf of the penguin.  I did use my Silhouette to cut my layers for matting the penguin.  This sure makes it easy when you are doing multiples of a card.



I dry embossed some snowflakes from recycled card stock for the background.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.  I added a little snowflake brad where the hole for the tie was.  Everything is quite glittery.  The snowflake may need a little pink bling on it.

I have kitted the seven other cards to be assembled when I am unable to create from scratch.

Thanks for stopping by.  I am off to work on a mixed media  birthday card.  I think this will be fun.  I predict for lots of layers.  You will have to wait until July 1 to see it though.  It is for a challenge blog where I am a team member.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a clever way to use those pretty Christmas tags, Beth! This penguin is adorable! Thanks for sharing him with us at Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the bright coloured snowflakes and your sweet penguin tag. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

Kristie Goulet said...

ACK! This is so adorable, Beth! LOVE this penguin! Thank you for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

That little face is so cute and love the glimmer you added! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Merry Monday this week!