Saturday, June 11, 2016

Homage to Purple

I recently participated in a postcard swap where your postcard had to be the majority of the color purple.  When the swap started, Prince had just died and I believe that is what inspired the swap.  I must say the entire time I created my postcards, the song Purple Rain kept going through my mind.

Here are my three postcards.  All the backgrounds were done with different shades of purple acrylic paint and stencils.  I did invest in a container of purple embossing powder and loved using it.

Penny Black Butterfly Garden stamp done in purple embossing powder.  I believe the sentiment is from Hero Arts.


This is a Hero Arts background stamp done with the purple embossing powder.


This is just a stenciled background.  The words were done on the computer and printed on painted paper.  Do you know that you can quickly heat emboss your text once it is printed especially since the painted surface was non porous.  I used clear embossing powder on the words.


These are the three postcards I received.  It is always so fun to see what other people create.


So, don't you have the words from Purple Rain going through your head.

No comments: