Saturday, July 30, 2016

Back to Making Cards

I have been away from making cards doing other things and before I leave on vacation I want to get some Mojo moving through this body.  I want to make my soul creative again.  I do miss being creative.  It is an essential part of me.  It brings me happiness and joy.  We can always use a dose of happiness and joy in our daily life.

I went to look at some sketches to see if I could find something to get me moving.  I found this simple sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  It reminded me of a card I had made before so went with that idea from before.


For the circle I stenciled a flower with ink.  I then stamped a simple flower and sentiment to complete the card.


I am visiting a cousin for several weeks and wanted to take her a box of cards as a thank you gift.  This is one of the cards I will take to her.  It is a simple card to make.

I am going to try and not do anything else to the card.  I have these deep desire to go get some black paint or ink and sprinkle on it.  Slap my hands.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

OK I had to try another version.  I found some paper with a little background to it (some depth) and created the same card on it.  The stamps were on the Misti yet.  I then added the black strip to the top to ground it or add some balance.  I do think I like it better than the other.


Since it was so simple and it was already set up on the Misti, I actually stamped out five more of this particular design to be assembled at a later date.

On to the next sketch.

1 comment:

Kim S said...

A day is always better if you can find time to be creative, isn't it? I love your use of the sketch. A large flower in the background with a detailed flower and sentiment on top is a fabulous look. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.