Saturday, October 1, 2016

Mixed Media Mojo October Challenge

Once again it is the first of the month.  How did it get here so fast?  This month we have a fun challenge for you at Mixed Media Mojo.


Spookiness - just in time for Halloween.  I know everyone needs to do something for Halloween so please come along.  My card does not have bats but bats are not mandatory.  In the area of bats, my niece teaches second grade and to start the school year she always uses a theme and this year it was bats so I made lots of bat stuff for her and her students to do.  They were not spooky though.

Here is my card for the challenge.


The spooky cat is from a Tim Holtz collection I purchased at Michael's.  It is a very fun set and I know I will get lots of use out of it.

The cat is stamped on a piece of paper from Canvas Corp (Tattered Angels Mixed Media Origins paper).  This paper is almost fabric like - may I say so yummy.  I sprayed it with a Tattered Angels Baseboard Paint (purple).  The image was stamped and then heat embossed.  I colored the cat with Tattered Angels Impact Paint (Green and Orange).  The patternd paper is new paper from several different companies.  All the paper has distressed edges.  I added some purple paint to texture paste and put it in various areas of the card to add more texture.  After the entire card was assembled, I sprayed it with a Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Dazzling Diamonds so it has a wonderful sparkle to it also.



Check out the google eyes glued to the polka dots.  A fun embellishment for a Halloween card.


Here is a close up of the purple embossing paste on the top part of the card.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my project and I sure hope you join us at Mixed Media Mojo this month with a spooky project.

If you wish to see another project I made using this same stamp and paper, check it out here.

1 comment:

Deb said...

This is fabulous, love that black cat stamp and all the lovely layers behind! Deb xo