Saturday, April 15, 2017

Distress Oxide Inks and CAS Card

Last week end I visited a friend in the Twin Cities and we played with all kinds of different things.  One of the things we had fun with was playing with the new Distress Oxide Inks.  I love the look you get with the oxide inks.  I did not make any cards until I got home.

I had one piece of paper and I cut two panels out of it with a die.  I stamped the floral image and heat embossed it in white.  The flowers are a stamp from Gina K.  I took a piece of paper and added the purple oxide ink to it so I could stamp a sentiment on it and have it stand out.  I pop dotted the stamped layer on top of another die cut panel and all was placed on a card front.  I also punched a small butterfly out of the purple paper.  I love this card.


I am entering this into the monthly challenge at Happy Little Stampers for their CAS challenge which is to use blending.  I blended those oxide inks.


Thanks for stopping by.  I had a lovely week end of doing some creating.  Traveling is wonderful but it is nice to be able to start creating again.

2 comments:

Neets B said...

Absolutely loving the blend of these two colours, such a lovely effect. Fab border giving lots of white space too.
Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

Chrissie said...

What a simply awesome background you have created, the colours look fabulous together and the completed card is simply beautiful!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Happy Little Stampers!
Chrissie x